Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Sesame Noodles2022-01-24
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.4 g
Trans Fat3.7 g
Unsaturated Fat0.8 g
Slow cooker beef stew with sesame noodles. Warm up with this hearty stew, cooked to perfection in your crock pot. This dish is made even more amazing by the addition of sesame noodles to the mix.
Cook it in an instant pot-Instant Pot Beef and Noodles
What can be added to the stew to make it healthier?
Adding vegetables to the stew is one of the most common ways to make it healthier. It provides vitamins and minerals that are essential for a healthy diet.
However, there are other things that can be added to the stew to make it healthier. For example, adding more water or adding less salt will also help to make it healthier.
How can you spice up this dish?
The dish is boring. It needs more flavor.
1) Add some salt and pepper to the dish.
2) add some lemon juice to the dish.
3) add some paprika to the dish.
What are some of the health benefits of eating beef stew with sesame noodles?
Eating this stew with sesame noodles is a popular dish in China, Vietnam, and Korea. This dish is highly nutritious because it contains many essential vitamins and minerals.
Some of the health benefits of eating stew with sesame noodles are:
– Beef is a great source of protein, iron, zinc, vitamin B12, and vitamin D.
– Sesame oil contains high amounts of antioxidants which can help prevent cancer cells from growing. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce inflammation in joints.
– Tofu contains high levels of calcium which can help strengthen bones and teeth as well as lower the risk for osteoporosis and other bone diseases.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew with Sesame Noodles
You may like as well:
- 2 pounds (960 g) lean beef stew, cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 thin slices gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 sliced green onions
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- Sesame Noodles (see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds(optional)
- finely chopped cilantro, for garnish
- For Sesame Noodles:
- 12 oz (360 g) Asian noodles, cooked,warm
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
In a slow cooker, combine cubed beef, ginger, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, dry sherry, and 1 cup water. Stir well, cover the cooker and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Add peas, turn the heat to high and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water, stirring 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Serve beef stew over the cooked Sesame Noodles. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.
Sesame Noodles: In a mixing bowl, combine warm noodles, soy sauce, sesame, oil and green onions. Toss well and serve with beef stew.