Slow Cooker Curried Chicken and Apple Stew
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker curried chicken and apple stew. This delicious chicken recipe belongs to Indian cuisine.The flavors of apple and ginger make this yummy stew a special treat.
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup peeled,cored and sliced apples
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-fat sour cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients,except apples,sour cream,cornstarch and seasoning in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours,adding apples during last 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl,combine sour cream and cornstarch. Add mixture to slow cooker,stirring 2-3 minutes. Season slow cooker curried chicken with salt and black pepper.