Slow Cooker Garbanzo and Couscous Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker garbanzo and couscous soup. This delicious vegetarian soup belongs to Moroccan cuisine. The addition of couscous enhances this flavorful soup.Very easy to make.
- 5 cups (1.25 L) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes,undrained
- 15 oz (450 ml) can garbanzo beans,rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper,diced
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery,chopped
- 1 carrot,peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ground cloves
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In 6-quart(6 L) slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except couscous and seasoning. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Turn heat to off and stir in couscous. Cover slow cooker and allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
Discard bay leaf. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste. Serve slow cooker garbanzo and couscous soup hot.