Slow Cooker Pork with Ginger and Pineapple
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker pork with ginger and pineapple. This pork recipe belongs to Asian cuisine. Very delicious.
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 15 ¼ oz (458 ml) can pineapple chunks
- 4 medium carrots,peeled
- 1 largeyellow onion,peeled and sliced
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 3 oz (90 g) frozen broccoli florets,thawed
Lightly grease inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
In slow cooker combine broth,tapioca,soy sauce,oyster sauce and ginger.Mix well.
Stir reserved pineapple juice into broth mixture. Cover and chill pineapple chunks.
Add carrots,onion,broccoli florets and pork to slow cooker. Cover crock pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. After 6 hours,turn to high-heat setting. Stir chilled pineapple chunks and into slow cooker.
Cover and cook for additional 10-15 minutes. Serve slow cooker pork over cooked rice.