Baked Haddock Creole
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Baked haddock Creole.Haddock fillets baked in oven.Very delicious fish recipe!
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and chopped
- red pepper,seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper,seeded and sliced
- 1 oz (30 g) butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 14 oz (420 ml) can of tomatoes
- 2 pounds (960 g) haddock fillets
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°F(190°C). Using a frying pan,heat the butter and oil.
Add chopped onion,garlic,and peppers and fry gently for 10 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes and mash with wooden spoon to break them up. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil. Simmer mixture gently for 10 minutes.
Put half tomato mixture in ovenproof dish. Add haddock fillets and season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle mixture with freshly squeezed lemon juice and cover with remaining half of tomato mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle baked haddock with chopped parsley. Serve baked fish hot.