Slow Cooker Nova Scotia Seafood Chowder2017-03-22
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
- 2 pounds (960 g) mussels,scrubbed
- 2/3 cups (160 ml) dry white wine
- 3 ribs celery,thinly sliced
- 2 yellow onions,peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) clam juice
- 2 potatoes,peeld and cubed
- 8 oz skinless flounder or white fish,cubed
- 1/2 pound (240 g) sea scallops,halved
- 1 can frozen lobster meat,thawed and drained
- 3 cups (750 ml) 10% cream
- chopped fresh parsley
- salt anf freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan,bring mussels and dry white to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer,covered,until mussels open,for about 5 minutes. Turn heat off. Allow mussels to cool completely. Remove and discard the shells,set cooked mussels aside.
In a slow cooker,combine all vegetables. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours,adding cream during last 30 minutes.
Open slow cooker. Switch heat to high and add seafood. Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Ladle seafood chowder into soup bowls. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe