Slow Cooker Shrimp Bisque
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:30 h
- Ready In : 4:40 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 6 cups (1.5 L) fish stock or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 3-4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ pounds (720 g) shrimp ,peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine chicken broth,tomato paste,onion,curry powder and paprika in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4 hours.
Stir in combined milk and cornstarch,stirring 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for additional 10 minutes.
Process soup in food processor until smooth. Return to slow cooker and add tomatoes. Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 10 minutes.
Season slow cooker shrimp bisque with salt and cayenne pepper. Garnish with cooked and deveined whole shrimp and serve immediately.